A Commitment to Personal Service for 3 Generations
The first Martenson Funeral Home, established in 1934 in Detroit, has been serving the families of the Downriver area for nearly 80 years. Over the years, the entire family and staff have looked for better ways to serve families who have come to trust and depend on The Martenson Family. Offering choices in funeral arrangements, maintaining comfortable surroundings, and providing assistance after the funeral are just a few ways we can help. All of the Martenson/Allore Funeral Homes are family-owned and offer a warm, home-like atmosphere, a bright, welcoming feeling, and staff members whose caring and compassion will greet you the moment you enter.
What sets Martenson apart?
Why do so many people trust The Martenson Family in their time of need? Because for the past 80 years, Martenson has developed a commitment to the highest quality of service, and a sincere desire to help local families through the changes and transitions of life.
We are funeral service professionals with a sincere desire to reward each family who has placed their trust and confidence in us by being attentive to every detail, displaying the highest level of courtesy and compassion and providing the greatest measure of respect for your wishes.
We pledge to be a professional resource for the benefit of the entire community and accept this unique responsibility to honor the dignity of life, to aid the family in time of grief and to encourage remembrance with each family within its own traditions, culture and financial means.
We believe that it's our job to provide extraordinary, personalized opportunities to help you celebrate the life of your loved one. Our hope is that you find joy in the way you choose to honor and remember that wonderful life.
The little things do make the biggest difference:
- Beautiful, home-like facilities with spacious rooms, reference and lending library, audio-visual resource center, and chapel
- Cafeteria-style gathering room with microwave oven and refrigerator
- Aftercare resources and referrals
- Personalize & customize the service through memorialization
- One-stop shop for all your special needs and wishes including caskets and urns. We also offer flowers and pastries to send to the families of loved ones
- Flexibility in services and prices
- Professional, caring staff who will assist you with your every need